Calling all app developers!
Are you developing the next, best tablet or phone app as we speak? Want a little help getting it in the hands of the global community of voracious users? Build it on Windows 8 or Windows Phone, and submit it today to the Modev Windows $10k App contest for your shot at a $10,000 cash prize pool!
We’re looking for those game changers, industry disruptors—denizens of creative awesome from across the Windows dev community—and a little friendly competition from some of the world’s most talented and aspiring developers.
To qualify, complete the online contest application and enter your new Windows 8 or Windows Phone app submitted to the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store between October 1 and December 31, 2013.
We’ll be picking winners two ways:
- An impartial panel of judges will select three winners – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place
- Three (3) “People’s Choice” winners (1st through 3rd Place) will also be selected, by way of public voting among all qualifying apps
Here’s what you can win:
Judges’ Vote: 1st Place – $2500; 2nd Place – $1500; 3rd Place – $1000
Public Vote: 1st Place – $2500; 2nd Place – $1500; 3rd Place – $1000
Need a helping hand?
We’ve got you covered. Here are a few Windows Developer resources you might check out to help on your way:
WINDOWS 8 RESOURCES
Get help coding for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
Windows 8.1 app samples pack
Free Microsoft Online Training Delivered by Experts
Learn how to add a cloud-based backend service to an app in minutes using Windows Azure Mobile Services
Ready to get started? Great! Check out some of the key contest specifics below, submit your app for the contest, and get developing!
Modev Windows 8 App Contest
Contest Dates: October 1 – December 31, 2013
Entry URL: http://gomodev.com/windows-10k-contest-entry/
HOW TO QUALIFY
- To qualify, your entry must be a new Windows 8 or Windows Phone app, submitted to the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store between October 1 and December 31, 2013
- You must complete the Modev Windows 8 App by December 20, 2013 to allow for time for approval in the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store by the December 31, 2013 contest deadline.
- US / Canada, and non-US entries are accepted!
- An impartial judging panel will commence review and rating of contest entrants beginning January 2, 2014, and concluding by January 15, 2014
- Public voting on contest entrants will run January 6, 2014 through January 23, 2014
- All winners will be announced by January 31, 2014
- Three winners determined by way of selection by our judging panel – 1st ($2500 cash prize), 2nd ($1500), 3rd ($1000)
- Three winners determined by way of public vote – 1st ($2500 cash prize), 2nd ($1500), 3rd ($1000)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All entrants must read and agree to the contest terms and conditions to participate.